NT Service

Discuss RoboTask here
John Long

NT Service

Post by John Long »

I would like to run robotask as a service when I am not logged into windows and have processes run. I have filled out the login information in the NT Service tab of the settings in the software and robotask did not seam to run when windows was restarted. It did run when I logged into windows. Will the software even run as a service if no one is logged in? I have not purchased the software yet but I will if the software will run as a service and run programs if no one is logged in.
AlexeySurkis

NT Service

Post by AlexeySurkis »

In order to run RoboTask as a service, in the RoboTask's program group, click NT Service->Install Service, then click NT Service->Run Service.
John Long

NT Service

Post by John Long »

I did what you said to do and have installed the service however robotask still does not run tasks if I am not logged into windows. I am running W2K3 Server, if this makes a difference please let me know. Will robotask run programs if no one is logged into windows? Thanks, John
AlexeySurkis

NT Service

Post by AlexeySurkis »

"RoboTask-desktop" and "RoboTask-service" can be running simultaneously and they use different task folders. In the RoboTask-service (green icon in the tray), select the "Options | Settings" in the main menu, and specify the same folder that is used in RoboTask-desktop (blue icon in the tray).
John Long

NT Service

Post by John Long »

I am using the robotask software in a datacenter environment and it appears that you have to be logged in at the server console for the green tray icon to appear. I have been logged in through remote desktop connection and have not seen the green tray icon until I went to the server and logged into the console. It would be nice to have a shortcut icon that would allow you to open the services portion of robotask rather than having to be logged in at the server console directly to access the service portion of robotask. Maybe someone can create a patch to address this issue.
John Long

NT Service

Post by John Long »

Is there a comprehensive manual anywhere?
engineering

NT Service

Post by engineering »

John Long wrote: I have been logged in through remote desktop connection and have not seen the green tray icon until I went to the server and logged into the console. It would be nice to have a shortcut icon that would allow you to open the services portion of robotask rather than having to be logged in at the server console directly to access the service portion of robotask. Maybe someone can create a patch to address this issue.

Constant problem for DC admins - try Netop 8.0 - good, good stuff