Display last and next run time?

Post comments and suggestions for RoboTask here
BrianSmith

Post by BrianSmith »

It would be good if there were columns to display the Next Run time and Last Run time and the success status of the last run.

These are the columns that the basic windows scheduler has and are quiet handy.

I realise the log window shows me a history of the last run and if it was successful but I need to click each individual task to see this.

It would be better to be able to see at a glance down the list if any tasks failed and their scheduled time to run.
Last edited by BrianSmith on Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
gooser60

Post by gooser60 »

Is this functionality available?
crespowu

Post by crespowu »

I think it's hard to realize.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Each task have own log file where it write all actions. If you don't want to write all information of task you set "Log level" of task to "Nothing" and use "Log Message" within task with "Neutral" log type. But remeber, that log file works as "blackbox", i.e. when log file will reach max amount of lines, oldest lines will be removed. In order to set max size of log files go to menu "Options | Settings".

Also see "write text file" action. With this action you can write any information into your own text file.
RBlake

Post by RBlake »

Implementation suggestion:
a) provide a task to read a specified task's log file line by line;
b) provide a task to iterate through the tasks defined in a folder, with optional recursion to subfolders and/or
c) provide a task to iterate through the tree of task folders.
Then a user could write a task that read the log file of each task, searching* for the desired information: last run, last successful run, errors, etc. Results of interest can be displayed, emailed, written to a text file.
* I'm a new user. Just checked for available instr() and regexp functions. Don't see any. I guess other enhancements needed before those described above.