Dialog disappeared using desktop shortcut

Discuss RoboTask here
pierrehl

Post by pierrehl »

I right click on the Simple Hello message demo, select create shortcut on the desktop. I exited out of Robotask and executed the shortcut, but no dialog popped up. Is this to be expected? I noticed that if robotask is currently running, the dialog box is displayed properly.I would like to create robotask batch files or shortcuts for my users, without having the user started up robotask each time that they login.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Shortcut or BAT file must start RoboTask first before the task will be executed.
But now there is some problem if you run shortcut when RoboTask is not started. We know about this and we already have fixed this bug. New release is coming soon.

In any case RoboTask must be loaded in order to start any task. I recommend you to start RoboTask at Windows startup, because starting of RoboTask takes some time. But if RoboTask is already loaded the execution of task will be immediately.
In addition you will gain more comfort if RoboTask will be always loaded.
pierrehl

Post by pierrehl »

We are running under terminal server modes, with 20 users login concurrently. I don't want to load every session with RT, the user may play with it w/o permission.Based on what you mentioned, I tried create a batch file:@echo Starting the task "[DEMO] Simple Hello Message"cmd /k "C:\Program Files\RoboTask\RoboTask.exe""C:\Program Files\RoboTask\rtaskrun.exe" $23612E5DBut I can't seem to run robotask, and then execute the next line without exiting robotask first. Is there something similar to a unix nohup command in dos?What about installing robotask as a service first, would that be sufficient to solve this problem?
pierrehl

Post by pierrehl »

Never mind. I figured it out. I download a dos utility called wait, and setup my batch file as followed:@echo Starting the task "[DEMO] Simple Hello Message"start "robotask" /B "C:\Program Files\RoboTask\RoboTask.exe"wait 2"C:\Program Files\RoboTask\rtaskrun.exe" $23612E5D
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

What about installing robotask as a service first, would that be sufficient to solve this problem?
If you start RoboTask as NT service, it will be hidden in ordinary terminal sessions.
You can access RoboTask only in local console, or if you connect to terminal session with "/console" parameter:
%SystemRoot%\system32\mstsc.exe /console
In this case you will catch console session on terminal server. 2003 server has such feature.