File Monitor Trigger sporatic

Discuss RoboTask here
David W.

Post by David W. »

Hello,

I have had this issue before.  I get a call that files have not been sent out.  The folder has a file monitor trigger on it to FTP files out when they are put into the folder.  The folder is usually empty, then they dump the files into it, then hopefully the trigger fires and files are sent out.

I went to WinExplor and see that the files are still sitting in the folder.  The trigger appears to have not triggered.   When I click on the RT icon in the tray and go to the task to check my trigger, all of a sudden it runs.

File Monitor trigger is not working faithfully for me.  I end up putting it on periodic polling which I would rather not, but can.

Ideas?  Thanks.

DMW
Last edited by David W. on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

File monitor trigger catches only the changes in specified folder. In other words it save current state in the first checking and monitor the changes periodically.
If you want to process all files in folder and clear the folder use cyclic event. Your task will look like this:

file loop
   do something with the file
   remove corrent file     
end loop

Attach the cyclic event to this task. You can set up any timeout, even a few seconds. If folder is empty, this task will be done very quickly.
Thus you always will process each file which was placed in this folder and the folder will be always empty.

BTW: cyclic event is universal triggering event. You always can do necessary checkings within the task.
David W.

Post by David W. »

Done.  I will change all File Monitor triggers to the way you describe above.  This definitely works well and dependably.
Thanks.
David W.