File Monitor UNC Path

Discuss RoboTask here
Kirk

File Monitor UNC Path

Post by Kirk »

I am trying to monitor files on another machine using a UNC path, e.g. Folder=\\LinuxBox\SharedFiles and IncludeMask=*.dvr-ms.  My poll interval is 3600 seconds.Even though new files appear in this folder, I have not seen any of the actions; the log never shows that this task has occurred.  (Other, scheduled, tasks are working.)Any clues as to what I may be doing wrong?Thank you.
Oleg
Site Admin

File Monitor UNC Path

Post by Oleg »

How do you run RoboTask: as simple application or NT Service?
Kirk

File Monitor UNC Path

Post by Kirk »

RoboTask runs as an application.  Kirk
Oleg
Site Admin

File Monitor UNC Path

Post by Oleg »

It must work.
Are you sure that you write path correctly?
Also check up that server is accessible with your login parameters. If server requires another username and password you may get a problem.
Kirk

File Monitor UNC Path

Post by Kirk »

Oleg wrote:Are you sure that you write path correctly?
I just copied the path from the "Edit folder for watch" dialog into Explorer, and Explorer found the folder.
Oleg wrote:Also check up that server is accessible with your login parameters.
If server requires another username and password you may get a
problem.
There is another login/password; once entered, every subsequent request for the folder that I've issued is satisfied, until the next reboot.
Oleg
Site Admin

File Monitor UNC Path

Post by Oleg »

There is another login/password; once entered, every subsequent request for the folder that I've issued is satisfied, until the next reboot.
In this case I recommend you to map this path as network drive with "Reconnect at logon" option.
But it would be better if you add your user parameters to this server. You will get access to necessary folders on this server automatically after logon without any additional actions.