need some help am stuck in steps

Discuss RoboTask here
alce

Post by alce »

Hello, I am new to this program need some help I am trying to set up a daily running of a program but am stuck only got as far as starting it up.Here is what I need it to do:1. start up a program in my pc.2. click on open button at bottom of window box.3. click on box option arrow down on bottom of window to pick a file extension ( all files .xxx ).4. list of all files in program will come up so I will click on first file on top to open that file for program to execute that job.5. from there the job has two parts to it so I got to click on part a then when program finishes I click on part b then it will go to next file from list.  I can just make two separate projects one for part a another for part b.6. after it goes down the list to last file I need it to click on the close button to end program.sorry for long post can you help?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

About what program did you tell?
Maybe you program can work with command line, like this:
myprogram.exe myfile.dat

In this case the task will be more simple.

I think that you don't need to choose the file interactively from the list. You can simply necessary file name into "File name" fileld of Open dialog.
Also check, please, you program must have a key combination for Open Dialog like Ctrl-O.
Describe in more detail please. It's very difficult to give an abstract advices.

I think that your task will look so:

File loop
   Run program
   pause 1 c // waiting when program will start
   send key Ctrl-O
   pause 0.3 s
   send keys {Current_File_Name}
   send keys {Enter}     
   wait for process // or pause some time
end
alce

Post by alce »

I am really lost I did get it to open the program and it starts on its own the program is a site submitter ace submitter it submits all my web sites to link dumps automatically I have to click on each web site of mine that is stored in its data base then click to start it submitting after it goes through all of the data base of sites to submit to it stops then I have to click on the next site of mine from the list of about 30 sites of mine that I need submitted then I just click to close program.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I think that you want to do a very smart task at once. The specific details of the task depends on behavior of your software. And I can't advise anything in advance.

I recommend you to automate some simple part of your task in the beginning. Next you can add other actions later

BTW: RoboTask can't catch the moment when your program will finished some operations. Thus you have to think about this. It may be some timeout (pause action), or waiting some window or file or something else.