Trigger - File Monitor

Discuss RoboTask here
bishobo

Trigger - File Monitor

Post by bishobo »

I have been trying to get my tasks to start when a new file with a specific name is updated to a specific directory.  So far the robotask task does not start.  Am I using the File Monitor trigger correctly.
In the Folders field I enter the Drive and folder names (C:\data\access). 
In the Include Masks field I enter the file name I want RoboTask to watch for (CapexDataUpdate.txt).
When I create the file, RoboTask does to start.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks,
Oleg
Site Admin

Trigger - File Monitor

Post by Oleg »

Did you turn on "Watch for changed files"?
I've just tried the test task. It's working fine.

Can you publish your example?
bishobo

Trigger - File Monitor

Post by bishobo »

The watch for changed files is checked.  I tried it again this morning and it works fine.  I may have had something wrong with the process I am using to create the file used in the trigger.
My real problem I had was forcing a process in the Actions list to wait until the prior action was finished.  Since I couldn't force the wait (or I didn't know how), I knew that I could create a file to be used as a trigger that would allow me to process some actions in another process and delete the file at the end of the process.  This works.
Robert
Last edited by bishobo on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Trigger - File Monitor

Post by Oleg »

My real problem I had was forcing a process in the Actions list to wait until the prior action was finished.
Maybe you mean the task of RoboTask? There is "Wait for task" action (see in "Task commands" group)

Also see another synchronization actions: "Wait for process", "Wait for file"