FTP download virtual folder/directory

Discuss RoboTask here
DallasT

Post by DallasT »

Hi, I'm just start using RBT.   I'm having a problem in FTP upload and download from a <virtual directory>, our trading partner did not give us a folder. Currently we manually using WsFTP to log in, upload the files, then download reports(all text files) without having to change folder. 
I've tried setting various setting, ex: Transfer type ASCII, binary,  and set the FTPFileLoop-remoteFolder& FileMask with '*.*', '/*.*', .and '/*.*'  but still not able to download any file?!.    Any help is appreciated.      Thanks.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

WsFTP? I think that you use secure FTP.
Unfortunately RoboTask doesn't support FTP with SSL now, because this is not-standard protocol.
DallasT

Post by DallasT »

I double check, we are using regular FTP, port 21. 
The only thing a little different is that we have to dial up the connection first, then log in with FTP.      I tested the dial up, and FTP log-in using RBT, and it works.   except the upload & download?!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I read about WsFTP. It provides FTP with SSL (or secure FTP). So I've thought that you are using secure FTP protocol.

Maybe this is some features of your FTP server.
Try to simulate situation with system utility FTP.EXE. Also you can try windows explorer. It can work with FTP server, just type the address of your FTP in address bar. If these utilities are working, then RoboTask must work.

Also you may send your task to my private address oleg[at]robotask.com. I want to look at this.
Last edited by Oleg on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.