Triggering Events - Scheduler

Post comments and suggestions for RoboTask here
bishobo

Post by bishobo »

The choices for the Scheduler only show "Every Day", "Every Week", or "Every Month", which is adequate for most date controlled triggers.  I find that I also need to be able to show weekly events every 2nd week (every other week) or every 3rd or 4th.... week so that the event is scheduled every 4th week on Tuesday. 
While the windows scheduler is quite limited in being able to daisy chain events like ROBOTASK can, it does have this feature.
This is a great product which I am evaluating.  Keep up the good work.
Robert
Last edited by bishobo on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

It have a sense. We will think about this.
bishobo

Post by bishobo »

I see there has been no change to include a scheduler feature to support scheduling tasks once each 2, or 3, or 4, etc. weeks.  At this point I believe that my only option for handling this is to use the windows scheduler to copy a specific file in a folder on a once each 2, 3, or 4 week cycle that will be used as a trigger in robotask where it looks for the same specific file in the same folder.
It just seemed that since the windows scheduler has this feature, this would be a feature in the more robust robotask scheduler.  This is something I would really like to see in robotask.
Thanks for a great product.  Robert