Search for HTTP File

Discuss RoboTask here
nerok

Search for HTTP File

Post by nerok »

HiI would like to download a file  on a websiteThe address is like this : http://www.address.com/files/ExaMpLE.pdfI tried a "Search on file" action but it apparently doesn't work on website.I tried with {FileExist} variable but it seems to be the same problem.Is there a simple way to find this file and download it ?I tried another way but...The main problem is that some letters of the filename are in Capital letters and i don't know which ones...i tried to list all possibilities of filenames (EXamPlE, exAmpLE, etc...) and launch a "Download file" action with each one but if the file doesn't exists, the task is stopped.How could the task not be stopped and continue with next filename ?
Last edited by nerok on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Search for HTTP File

Post by Oleg »

"Search for file" action and {FileExist} variable have sense only for local files or local network.

Usually web servers isn't case sensitive (e.g. microsoft IIS), but not all servers.
You must have exact list of files in order to download via HTTP.
Unfortunately RoboTask can't scan web site page by page. This is a only way to extract all information (e.g. structure of the site or the list of files on the site) via HTTP protocol. This is a not trivial task, and there are standalone software for this purpose. Like NeoDownloader.