Window variables

Post comments and suggestions for RoboTask here
infinitemonkeys

Window variables

Post by infinitemonkeys »

I've been testing Robotask for my office after having acquired a license.  The interface could not be simpler, though for even moderately advanced users, it becomes slow to add and edit actions.  It would be better if there were an additional editor which allows you to open the actions of a task and manually code refinements.Of even more importance are more variables.  I was very disappointed to find no simple way to read window titles, sizes, status, and other parameters.  Also missing are functionsYou would do very, very well to compare the variable set of your product with AutoHotKey.  Their interface (if it can be called that) sucks, but the functionality is there for almost any task.  I have to unfortunately stay with that product until yours is much more robust.And if you truly wanted to leap ahead of competitors and distinguish your product, you could tokenize it to VB or otherwise make it exportable as an EXE.Thanks.  I truly hope to see the next version of your product incorporate a robust set of window parameters, able to provide title, handle, dimensions, and selected contents of windows as easily addressable variables, and the other improvements mentioned here and in other poster's suggestions.  You clearly are on the track to produce a fine product.