another service related question...

Discuss RoboTask here
mosler

Post by mosler »

i did a forum search and did not see an obvious answer to my issue.my situation...running RT 2.4 on a win2k3 server.like others before RT only seems to run through a task if someone is logged in. it will get part way through the task, it stops at a point where keystrokes are entered into the window.if someone is logged in this task works fine. again if not connected it only opens the file and stops before entering the key storkes.i dont see the green service icon i still have the blue. when i remote in via console. i do however see the service running.when i open the software how do i know if i am looking at the service or the application mode of the software.lets pretend for a minute that i am running in a service mode.if no connection is there is it possible to input keystrokes to a txt file?or will it just open the file and stop?if this is the case is it posible to run RT on a 2nd machine to open the connection to the first machine so that RT can do its thing, then close the connection?
Last edited by mosler on Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I've understood so that you tried to send keystrokes in locked session? I'm afraid that it's impossible.
Unfortunately system ignores any keystrokes and mouse actions in locked session. This is property of Windows.
mosler

Post by mosler »

ok. what about the idea of using RT on another machine to open a session on the first machine?does that seem like a logical way around this problem? 
Last edited by mosler on Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

We work at version which allows to control remote RoboTask through network.