Starting and stopping a task

Discuss RoboTask here
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Hi,I am trying to schedule my ftp server to run from 8:00 - 5:00pm. I can see that I can schedule the server to run at 8am but there is no option to choose until when. Am I missing something here?Thanks in advance!!
Last edited by Aurora on Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
lonnie16

Post by lonnie16 »

Just a thought.  If you do not want to use the "new" RoboTask function of "terminate process", then re-boot the box at 5pm.
. . . . .
I guess you may then have to have a conditional on the start of the ftp application/service that would test and "only" start at 8am.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

What FTP server do you use? If IIS the you may start and stop MSFtpsvc service only.
Also the most another servers can work in service mode. Thus, you can start and stop the corresponding NT service.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Can't we start and stop a task just like a service?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The task is not similar to some application (or service) that stays in memory and executes some actions. This is only the script which contains some steps. Each task stops automatically when all steps are done. Therefore you must only start the task and do not need to stop one.
Each task may be launched automatically by some triggering event. If you configure your tasks correctly, you do not need to control RoboTask. All work will be done automatically.