Problem with service

Discuss RoboTask here
gtaillandier

Problem with service

Post by gtaillandier »

HelloI'm under Windows XP Home Edition ( SP2 - French) . I've installed Robotask service but when I start my computer, the service doesn't start.If I use Windows services tool ( mmc.exe ), Robotask service is marked as automatically starting by is currently not running. There's no icon in the systray, and Robotask is not running ( ctrl alt del and process ).I must launch manually Robotask service to have the icon .I've look in Windows log event, and there's a report for Robotask Service : timeout ( 30s ) on connection.Can you tell me why ?Sincerely.
Last edited by gtaillandier on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Problem with service

Post by Oleg »

Hmm...
There are some troubles at starting some services when you log in to your session very quickly. Sometimes I get the same error at starting my local IIS at my computer (Windows XP Pro).

Try to wait some longer time before log in.
gtaillandier

Problem with service

Post by gtaillandier »

Thank you for this answer.Can you tell me where the delay of 30s is set ( Windows XP or Robotask ).I log in always of the same manner, and it's the first time I discover that a service is not lauched at startup because of time out.
Last edited by gtaillandier on Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.