Scheduled task

Discuss RoboTask here
gtaillandier

Scheduled task

Post by gtaillandier »

HelloSorry for my english, but I'm French.I'm new with Robotask : great program.  Congratulations.Just one question : I've created a task ( scan my PC against virus ) to run every Sunday at 20h00. Automation is enabled.Yesterday, my PC ( Windows XP SP2 Home Edition ) was hibernating at 20h00. This morning the task was not launched.Robotask was not installed as service.Can someone help me ?Sincerely.
Last edited by gtaillandier on Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Scheduled task

Post by Oleg »

This happened because new day has begun.
Maybe, the scheduler is in need of improvement. I wrote this into our ToDo list.
gtaillandier

Scheduled task

Post by gtaillandier »

HelloI've modified the schedule : 19:30 each Wednesday. At this time, I'm sure my computer is hibernating.I'll post the result tomorrow.
lonnie16

Scheduled task

Post by lonnie16 »

Ah, you mean like a "clean flag", "dirty flag" tied to a task.  In windoze 2000 scheduler, if a task got skipped for any reason, then the status for the task sez "could not start".  Then at least you know you've got some back tracking and clean up to do.
. . . . .
Wish: there was a cheap simple extension to the windoze scheduler to have it "start/re-try" un-run tasks.  Oleg, could RoboTask do this "heavy lifting" ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Scheduled task

Post by Oleg »

Thank you for your suggestions.
I saw that I wrote this into our ToDo list. We shall investigate the problem in more detail and make some improvements of scheduler.
gtaillandier

Scheduled task

Post by gtaillandier »

My computer was in hibernate mode at 7:30 PMI've started it at 7:50 PM and the scheduled task was launched.All is OK.Sincerely.