Folder Copy & Paste Puzzle

Discuss RoboTask here
Vego

Post by Vego »

Hi, Robotask is awesome, we just bought a multi site license!I've been working through a puzzle of moving folders around, but am a little stumped. Basically I want to move one subfolder and all files in that folder to another folder, peform a few checks to prevent overwriting files, and finally create a html link based on a predifined path containing the folder I just moved.More specific steps are:1. In "C:\folderA" check sub folders by by oldest modified date and move found folder to "C:\folderB"2. Befoer moving folder to "C:\folderB" check for duplicate folder name in "C:\folderB" and enumerate by 1 if duplicate is found.3. Check "C:\folderB" for recently modified file (last folder moved there) and open .txt file/copy folder name moved to that .txt file I was getting a little tripped up and didn't find a specific example. Thanks for the help!~Sam
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1. In "C:\folderA" check sub folders by by oldest modified date and move found folder to "C:\folderB"
Did you mean oldest folder or folder which contains oldest files?
3. Check "C:\folderB" for recently modified file (last folder moved there) and open .txt file/copy folder name moved to that .txt file
I've not understood what did you mean. Describe in more detail, please.
Vego

Post by Vego »

Hi Oleg,Sorry I wasn't clear.1. I meant oldest folder, I don't need to look at the files inside the folders.3. What I want to do is with the folder that I moved from "C:\folderA" to "C:\folderB" I want to be able to copy that folder name (the moved one) to an opened .txt file. I need to be able to copy that folder name after it has been moved in case the name was changed due to being named the same as an existing folder located in "C:\folderB". I was thinking this would be easier to do if I just did a search for the last modified folder located in "C:\folderB".I hope that makes more sense:)Thanks for the help,Sam  
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I've separated your task into two different tasks:
- Determine the olderst folder
- Copy and rename (if needed) this folder

I use "synchronise folder" action for copying the folder. Also, second task write information to text file c:\copy_log.txt and opens it at the end of task.
You should launch the first task, of course. Second task will be launched automatically.
Last edited by Oleg on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vego

Post by Vego »

This is great, thank you Oleg!