Robotask as Service and Network Shares

Discuss RoboTask here
Dcast

Post by Dcast »

Hi,
I have a problem with using RoboTask as a service.
Robotask seems to be running fine as a service, my problem is when i try to setup <Options>-<Settings> it doesn't seem to recognize my shared drives, ie. i have a drive S: (s: \\server\script$), when in <Options>-<Settings> i only get a list of my local drives like C:\ and D:\
Has anyone else experienced this, and more importantly is there a solution, either existing or on the way?
If i run Robotask (not as a service) this is not a problem.
any response will be appreciated.
Thanks
/Michael
Dcast

Post by Dcast »

Hi,

Well, i'm really off to a good start in this forum
I just read the manual, and it's clearly stated that this is a problem, that the recommendation is to use UNC instead of share-names.
Please consider this case closed,
Sorry,
/Michael

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

When you use RoboTask as NT-service, it works under system account and haven't network access by default.
In order to get network access in your tasks you have to do the following:
- Run RoboTask as service
- Open "Option | Settings" and go to "NT Service" tab. This settings have a sence only in Service mode, and isn't accessible in application mode.
- Type login parameters (domain, username and passsword) of some user, who exists in your network. If user is not domain user then type single dot (.) as domain name. This means that the user is local user of this computer.
- Test login parameters by pressing "Try to logon" button.
- Restart RoboTask service. When service will start the first message in system log must be about successful login.

Of course, this user must have enough rights in your network.