Periodic tasks

Discuss RoboTask here
thinkx

Periodic tasks

Post by thinkx »

Something simple - I'd like a task to start at a specific time (on the hour), and then periodically after that. Right now, These two triggers seem to be mutually exclusive.Any suggestions on how to do this? Right now, I have to wait till the next hour, start the task manually, and then let the periodic trigger take over from there.
Oleg
Site Admin

Periodic tasks

Post by Oleg »

I see the following algorithm:

You have two tasks.
First task - does something (what you need) and have a cyclic trigger. It is disabled by default.
Second task - enables the first task by scheduler at specified time.

Thus, second task enables the first task at specified time. Second task will be launched in specified time and periodically later.

Also, you may configure third task (optional), which disables the first task at specified time.
thinkx

Periodic tasks

Post by thinkx »

That's a creative workaround.. how will I handle reboots?The feature request still stands.. I need a way to say "run this task at the next hour, and then every hour after that"
Oleg
Site Admin

Periodic tasks

Post by Oleg »

That's a creative workaround.. how will I handle reboots?
What does hinder you to simply create necessary schedule via wizard (see "Scheduler" triggering event)?
In this case you do not need to think about reboots or another problems. Your task will be started at scheduled time, if computer is turned on.
thinkx

Periodic tasks

Post by thinkx »

I like the product, it's just this little thing missing. For now, I will try to use it manually.