Variables input during a task

Discuss RoboTask here
tmixer

Post by tmixer »

Greetings -Curious how to have robot task ask me for a number during a task.  I would like a dialog to open and I would enter, in my case , a number of lines of text it would select.  I would then have it go to the appropriate separate task that would use 4 arrow downs instead of say 3 or 2 etc.  There must be a way to do this I just don't quite grasp of establishing variables and so forth.  Any help here would be great!Thanks - A Robofan!
tmixer

Post by tmixer »

Me continuing the thought.  I think this could be solved with and an easy If/Then setup.  If {V} = 1 --which would be the number I want to enter when promted--  go to task "arrow down one line"If {V} = 2  go to task  "arrow down two lines"Thanks again,Tmix
Last edited by tmixer on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You have answered your question.
For input use "Input box" and, next, use "If...Then" to select necessary task.
tmixer

Post by tmixer »

Thanks so much for your feedback and help.  This program has saved me thousands of keystrokes and mouseclicks which to me as an artist means more life outa my hands for art.  God bless you man!I'm getting results from my inputbox now.  I used what seems to be a rather inefficient method of achieving my result though.  I essentially created 30 variables each holding a different number 1 - 30.  I would then compare my "inputbox" number with each until i got a hit.  I had thirty tasks stuck into thirty if/thens each with the number of arrow-downs that the if/then it was nested in was checking for.  This seems like the hard way to do it right?  I was trying to get the simpleloop to increment a variable but I had two issues.  One the incrementvariable didn't want to add a number on my variable.  The other was I don't really understand the usage of the simple loop...I felt like I wanted to place the simple loop around my if/then to increment it like this:Simple loop   If then      {number of times arrowed down} = {input}       go to next task   Else      run task "arrow down" again      Increment {number of times arrowed down}End IfEndloop___________________Is there a better way to get an if/then to repeat?  Tha'd be sweet.Is there a screenshot of the Simple Loop in action?  I'd also love to see a few (simple) screen shots of If/Then taken from the user interface in robotask - the listed out text of a task is harder for me to understand/ read.  Final thought - can you multiply a keystroke by a variable ...say:{DWN}x{myinputnumber} or - (downarrow keystroke) mulitplied by (the number I put in the inputbox)Thanks Oleg!
Last edited by tmixer on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.