Click on system tray item.....

Discuss RoboTask here
wdp01

Post by wdp01 »

I am trying to automate the click on an item in the system tray (lower right side of screen in Windows).  I can use the "move to object" which moves the cursor to the correct position BUT the object I want keeps moving around, depending on what else is open.  Is there a way to always "hit" the item in the system tray, even when it moves around?  For this particular item I can't find an .exe to start the application, it requires a "click".....
wdp
Last edited by wdp01 on Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ncubillas

Post by Ncubillas »

A small suggestion:

Have you tried to open the App in the system tray, open task manager and go to “applications”, select the window of your App, right click on it and select “Go to process”.

This should tell you the .EXE name, then you should search windows to find it.

Or if the App starts automatically you could try and search for it in the Windows Registry
“[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]”
wdp01

Post by wdp01 »

Ncubillas-
Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately the item I'd like to "click" open does not show up in the Applications window of the Task Manager.
I can find the applications .exe but if I attempt to run it only places the item in the system tray but doesn't activate it.
wdp
Last edited by wdp01 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikronos

Post by mikronos »

hi all,I have the same problem:I try to check/uncked an option wich appear in the context menu of a tray icon.-Mikronos ( searching again :) )