parse a string with double quotes

Discuss RoboTask here
mikronos

Post by mikronos »

Hi all,I currently test robotask for first time, and this my problem.I parse a text file wich contain this kind of string:Adresse IP : <span class="ip">82.254.254.254</span>And I want to put the ip address ( here 82.254.254.254 ) into a variable.For that I want to use basic fonction to extract the field.My problem is that the string to analyse contain double quote inside.When I evaluate the expression I got an error because in basic string statement the first argument must be double quoted.The expression:mid ("{c_line(0)}", 1,2) return an error because it is expanded as:mid ("Adresse IP : <span class="ip">82.254.254.254</span>",1,2)I have try many things like doubling the double quote, but nothing work.Can you help me ?Thanks in advance and forgive my bad english!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Try to use the following script:

Sub Main
   Dim Ln, addr As String
   Dim p0,p1 As Integer

Ln = RoboTaskApp.ExpandText("{c_line}")
   p0 = InStr(Ln,"ip"">")
   p1 = InStr(Ln,"</span>")

If p0<>0 And p1 <>0 Then
      addr = Mid(Ln,p0+4,p1-p0-4)
      RoboTaskApp.SetUserVaria ble("IP_ADDR",addr)
   Else
      RoboTaskApp.SetUserVaria ble("IP_ADDR","")
   End If
End Sub

The script extracts IP from variable {c_line} and assigns the address into variable IP_ADDR
mikronos

Post by mikronos »

Thanks for the script.In fact I use two delimited variable to achieve this.The first delimited is for the char '>' and if found I create a second delimited variable for with the char '<' ... This one way in many...But the problem remain with the parameters passing between robot main and the basic module...Create a single variable and assign it a quoted string like this:object CreateVariable:    Variable_Name = test    Variable_Value = this is a "quoted" stringobject Evaluate:    Expression to evaluate = left ("{test}", 1)And you are dead :(I dont know how the expression to evaluate is handled in internal, but the basic extension is not in cause for me. if I try a basic script like this:Sub Main    a$ = "this is a "    b$ = "quoted "    c$ = "string"    d$ = a$ & Chr(34) & b$ & Chr(34) & c$    e$ = Left(d$,3)End SubI have my quoted string in d$ and the function Left$ work correctly because d$ doesn't have a beginning and a end double-quote...Do you see the problem ? The first argument waited is a string, but the parser must remove the first and endding double-quote before evaluate the expression.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

That's right. In this case you must use the script.
RoboTask uses own variables as a macroexpansion.
I.e. expression
left ("{test}", 1)
transforms to expression
left ("this is a "quoted" string", 1)
This expression contain syntax error. The correct expression will be
left ("this is a ""quoted"" string", 1)

Maybe, it needed to add some string system variables, which can correct strings in BASIC functions.

Last edited by Oleg on Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.