how many people use robotask?

Discuss RoboTask here
photoevents

how many people use robotask?

Post by photoevents »

As I do not see a lot of traffic here in this forum I'm wondering if there are only a few customers using robotask or if robotask works so well not many of you need to post support questions ?

I also noticed that certain posts remain a long time unanswered including my last one.

I am a former user of winautomation which I was extremely happy with until Microsoft took it over.
I haven't switch to robotask yet (I did buy two pro licenses) and continue using an old version of winautomation (with the option to produce exe's) and occasionaly also autoit or autohotkey.

At this moment I start to doubt whether I should have bought robotask in the first place.

What is the experience of the community here?

Christian
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: how many people use robotask?

Post by Oleg »

... with the option to produce exe's ...
You can use Runtime module to run prepared task (or tasks) on any computer. It does not require additional licenses

To install runtime module with full engine you can use command line:

Code: Select all

RobotaskSetup.exe /COMPONENTS=engine
Oleg Yershov
photoevents

Post by photoevents »

Thank you for the info regarding running robotask tasks using runtime.

Christian
bgregory

Post by bgregory »

I think the lack of traffic here indicates that Robotask works very well. I've been using it for years and can't even imagine how my computing needs were met without it. Sure, there are always issues with software but Oleg has always been there helping others create tasks and explaining the workings of Robotask. I'm quite happy with the results.

Bob Gregory
Lana_K

Post by Lana_K »

I agree with Bob Gregory, same here. I read the forum only when I have a problem I cannot solve myself and Oleg is always very helpful. I cannot imagine my life without Robotask. Just now I finished writing a massive and complex (by my standards) multi-part task involving running several applications, creating and modifying Excel, CSV, TXT and ZIP files, uploading them to SFTP, converting date formats, one tasks calling in other tasks, etc, - about 250 steps in total. And the whole thing is mostly quite robust and reliable, as usual. For someone, who cannot really code in any of the usual languages and have no time to learn to, Robotask is a huge help.
Zac

Post by Zac »

Agreed, Robotask is pretty consistent and has many updates that improves it's quality over time. Many tasks I have created have made it possible for me to get the work of about 3-5 people done while I'm working on other things and Oleg is pretty quick to respond to questions and issues which makes using this application very easy to get the hang of.