Target HTML Elements in Chrome Inspect

Post comments and suggestions for RoboTask here
Zac

Target HTML Elements in Chrome Inspect

Post by Zac »

Hello,

I'm here with another suggestion but I don't know how feasible this suggestion really is and it's highly likely it's not feasible at all but I want to ask if there is a way to use the "Inspect" that is available in the right click for a website to target a specific line of html element(s) when it's open by either doing a search for that specific line through say a type of ctrl + f search or something else such as going down the list of parent elements until you reach the html element your wanting to hit and that way it's a bit more of a specific selection for an item on the webpage. If it's able to search for that specific element on the website through the inspect without a specific preset for how the website was setup, this would save time in needing to adjust for changes in a websites update if they update and causes elements on the screen to move since the action would target the element through the written html instead of by targeting the element through visual positioning. Again, I know this is most likely not possible but figured I'd mention it if it was and there is an example of this Chrome Inspect down below. Thank you! :D
This is an example of the inspect where highlighting the code on the right will show the link to click to go on to the next page without having to select the actual element on screen.
This is an example of the inspect where highlighting the code on the right will show the link to click to go on to the next page without having to select the actual element on screen.
Capture.PNG (129.88 KiB) Viewed 9529 times