GDI Handle Leaks, please fix

Post comments and suggestions for RoboTask here
ycomp

Post by ycomp »

After running robotask for a while, I will not be able to open explorer properly (not all of the window is painted... missing some icons, etc.)and I won't be able to open dialogs sometimes, or new apps sometimes.I know this is caused by some kind of resource leak. I guess it is GDI handles?anyhow, if I look at robotask in the Task Manager it shows about 3000 GDI objects allocated to robotask (after running my script a number of times)I tried to track it down in my script and it seems to be from the BASIC plugin...because if you try your BASIC plugin demo "Evaluate"... it will slowly not release a couple of GDI objects every time it is run.You can check this by enabling the Windows Task Manager column for "GDI objects" and looking at robotask's GDI objects listing there after every time you run the BASIC evaluate demo.also here are 2 other bugs I encountered:

- The font size settings in the basic editor is not remembered. (probably other settings as well, but I didn't test those)

- delete action bug: it asks "are you sure" and you have to choose "no" because "yes" doesn't workso far I haven't noticed any other problems... keep up the good work.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Can you send me your task?

I want to see basic scripts, because basic is a low-level method of writing your tasks. You must keep the rules of calling all of API functions. Maybe you made some inaccuracies.