Some questions before I buy

Discuss RoboTask here
Stanford

Some questions before I buy

Post by Stanford »

I just found this software and I think it might be the perfect companion to my main bot software :P

My questions are do I need to buy a license to run the bots I make in other computers
Example : I install robot ask in my production computer but I have bots on a second computer that downloads and manipulates inventory csv on a second computer.
Do I need to buy a license to run the second bot like winautomation required

2 if I build a bot that clicks buttons on a piece of software with a certain screen size and resolution and install the bot on a machine with a different screen size will that be a problem?

3 my current bot software is great for short runs but suffers from memory leakage and long term runs often ends in bot crashes so I am looking for something that has the potential to run for possibly years

4 is there a way for the created bot to know where it was in a process if the bot needs to be stopped amended and restarted

Thanx for reading this
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Some questions before I buy

Post by Oleg »

Do I need to buy a license to run the second bot like winautomation required
I don't know what do you want to realize in details...
If you want to install and use RoboTask on two computers you should purchase two licenses. Maybe you can do something by using network resources (network disk) in your local network. In this case one license is enough.
2 if I build a bot that clicks buttons on a piece of software with a certain screen size and resolution and install the bot on a machine with a different screen size will that be a problem?
You can get a problem because window elements may have different sizes and/or positions on different screens
3 my current bot software is great for short runs but suffers from memory leakage and long term runs often ends in bot crashes so I am looking for something that has the potential to run for possibly years
Just try RoboTask and test it for your purposes. It has 30-day trial period.
I can say that it is not harmful to restart the computer from time to time. Also you can restart RoboTask from your own task periodically
4 is there a way for the created bot to know where it was in a process if the bot needs to be stopped amended and restarted
I'm afraid that I don't understand your question... Any task can be stopped and edited if needed at any time.
Oleg Yershov