How to read out program window display?

Discuss RoboTask here
hoglibogli

Post by hoglibogli »

Hello,I just downloaded the trial version of Robotask and I`m very happy with it so far. I was able to setup everything as I wanted except one thing:To make my little Robotask programm perfect I need to readout the display of a programm window to set a variable to yes/no. The problem is, that the displayed text in the program window that I have to readout is not displayed as text (means: is not selectable).For my problem it would be enough to readout if the text is displayed or not. Is there a way to achieve this?ThanksVincent Sorg
Last edited by hoglibogli on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You can read the text from input fields. For example, select the field and send this keystrokes:
{HOME}+({END})^(C)
(This means Home, Shift-End, Ctrl-C)
After this the contents of the field will be in system clipboard. You can easily store this into some variable (see "Get text" action)
hoglibogli

Post by hoglibogli »

Thanks for the answer. But the actual problem is, that I can not select the text in the program window.Is there a chance to let robotask check if there is something displayed or not? It would be enough, if I could check the color of a specific display area.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Did you mean the feature of reading any text from the window, such as static texts and labels? Unfortunately, RoboTask can't do it now.
Last edited by Oleg on Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
hoglibogli

Post by hoglibogli »

Basically thats what I´m searching for.
But as I have written before for my problem it would be enough to figure out
the color of a certain pixel in the programm window. Is there a chance to do
that?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You are not first user, who want this feature. This is in our ToDo list and, probably, we'll implement this in next release.