help with task on server

Discuss RoboTask here
aliom

help with task on server

Post by aliom »

hello I using robotask on windows server and I have a problem that I didn't had around 6 month ago that I used this app.
when I close the remote connection robotask stop working and when I connecting it start working again.
I tried a lot of thing like NT and when I add a task in server it is not working and give me some errors.
I really don't know what should I run robotask when I'm not connected with remote connection to the windows server could you help me please?
I attached the error that I getting when I start the task with NT
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (42.68 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: help with task on server

Post by Oleg »

Regarding your screenshot:
Here you use remote RoboTask as system service.
In this case RoboTask works in separate SYSTEM session. It does not have access to any user session, because it separate session.
Of course Chrome application is absent in SYSTEM session. So you get this error. The action can not find specified window.

When you disconnect the session
I see that you use macrorecorder block in the task. So you try to use mouse and keyboard simulation. It works in you user session when the session is opened. But when you disconnect from an RDP session, the remote session goes into a blocked state. This is similar to session lock on the local machine (Win+L).
The problem is that the system ignores mouse and keyboard simulation in a locked (and SYSTEM) session. This is the property of system security, you can not change it. You must keep the session unlocked if you want to use some interactive actions.
Oleg Yershov
aliom

Post by aliom »

thank you so much for answering my question and helped me.

I built a .bat file and saved it on desktop and used that in remote task but even when I open that, robotask log says it is done successfully but not doing anything. is it because it involved mouse and keyboard as well?

is there any server like linux or any other software that when you disconnected from them they still do the job or all of the servers are like this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Any windows server (or workstation) allows to perform tasks in disconnected or locked session.
BUT it will ignore mouse and keyboard simulations. You can not change this
Oleg Yershov