Problem: trigger for next step

Discuss RoboTask here
ERIZWI

Problem: trigger for next step

Post by ERIZWI »

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem with finding the right trigger to activate the next step and i hope that someone here can help me out.

Situation:
I'm running a daily 'scanner' and after the scanner is done, takes about 1,5 hour, i want to start a new task (Closing the scanner application). The scanner starts and ends with the same value. So this value (always the same value) will be scanned twice during a scan.

The problem is is that the task 'Closing the scanner application' doesn't know when to execute this task, because it doesn't know if the scanner is ready with scanning or that the process still runs.

This is what i've tried:
1) Trigger 'File Monitor' that triggers when a specific file Time has changed (>) however, the scanner starts and ends with the same file (that's just how the application works) so the trigger file (first and last item that's scanned) Time changes and the task executes
2) 'Wait for Progress Finish' however, i can't see a process in the background running. Looks like the process runs within the program
3) Trigger 'Process Watcher', see above
4) Trigger 'Window Watcher', no unique and specific window same for trigger 'Pixels Monitor'

Possible solutions:
1) No more activity in a specific folder (during scanning files are being created and modified). So when there is no more activity for 30seconds the task knows the scanning is done.

Hopefully you guys have some great suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Eric
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Problem: trigger for next step

Post by Oleg »

Possible solutions:
1) No more activity in a specific folder (during scanning files are being created and modified). So when there is no more activity for 30seconds the task knows the scanning is done.
I think that this is the best criteria.
Probably I can write an example how to detect this.
Oleg Yershov