web browser java scriptbutton work around

Discuss RoboTask here
jmail137

web browser java scriptbutton work around

Post by jmail137 »

I have been trying to automate web browsers for the past few days. except I ran across a problem.  I am unable to send commands to the browser to click on buttons.  I can use the mouse / move to object commands or the 'tab to' work around  but these are not reliable.this is based on using bookmarks and keyboard commands to move through dropdown menus.  using the 'alt' key + the underlined letter.I found that this works if  the button has java script working behind it.two ways to tell if this is the case,right click on the button, the URL will say something like javascript () or mouse over it,  the action bar at bottom left will show javascript void()  or something like thatnow create a bookmark for the button,   right click on the button and select bookmark.   create a bookmark for this button the same way you would a normal URL webpage.  however it will say javascript () in the URL. go to the bookmarks menu and right click the properties of your new bookmark.  add the letter z to the beginning of the bookmark. (make sure no other bookmarks have this letter at the beginning.now hit the alt button on your keyboard.  notice how the top menu bar underlines the first letter of each menu word.  eg;  File Edit View Go Bookmarks    (this is firefox.   MS Internet Explorer Uses Favorites)create a send keystroke action to your task with the following keysFirefox:   %(B){DELAY 100}z      Microsoft: %(A){DELAY 100}zwhen this action runs it opens the bookmarks tab, and looks for the first item with letter z.  and runs it.    (remember: make sure no other bookmarks start with letter z).  the javascript runs.  and you're on to the next task.I have not tried this for other button types: like things with java,  or submit buttons.  if you try it. please post here and let me know. hope this work around helps.   let me know if anythign is unclear here. I can edit accordingly