Keypresses not working - Admin permissions?!!

Discuss RoboTask here
Rukbunker

Keypresses not working - Admin permissions?!!

Post by Rukbunker »

Hey Oleg,

We are using Robotask 64 bit, 8.2.1.1036. I have a problem which I have never seen before.

A diagnosis program is being started, fullscreen. The program has a "Start diagnosis" button which can be pressed either by Spacebar or Control+D. Although I programmed Robotask to press them (by Sending keystrokes) nothing happens although the window has the focus.
When I press it myself manually (without switching windows) if works perfectly. Robotask doesn't give any errors.
The program should be started with admin permissions which also happens.

However, when I do not start the program as an admin, the keystrokes are working, initiated by Robotask ;)

Can it be plausible that keystrokes are not send correctly when a program is started as Administrator? (By the tick in Windows at the EXE file properties, not the RG.exe method)
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Keypresses not working - Admin permissions?!!

Post by Oleg »

This is the work of the security system.
As I understand RoboTask works as simple application without elevates.
When you run your application "as Administrator" it works in higher security context.
Protection algorithm is simple:
application with lower context can not send keystrokes to application with higher context
When you press keys manually this is function of your hardware (not a simulation).

Also you can not record macro in higher context application for same reason.

Of course you can turn off UAC (user access control) system. But in this way you will reduce the protection of your system.
Oleg Yershov
Rukbunker

Re: Keypresses not working - Admin permissions?!!

Post by Rukbunker »

Oleg wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:45 pm Of course you can turn off UAC (user access control) system. But in this way you will reduce the protection of your system.
And that's the funny part: I did (just for testing purposes). The behaviour remains the same. But, we have a workaround already programmed. Thanks for answering.