Service mode variables

Discuss RoboTask here
dthuerbach

Service mode variables

Post by dthuerbach »

I created a job in application mode that I would like to run in service mode. I was able to set the value of {FilesCount({TempDir})} by copying files to the {TempDir} location and it worked fine. The same process does not work in service mode and I even receive a message when using the Show message item - ""Show {FilesCount({TempDir})}"" incompatible with NT service mode" when trying to show the variable value. I assume that this is due to the {TempDir} location in the current user's AppData folder. I am looking for information on using variables in service mode and have not found anything in the User Guide.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Service mode variables

Post by Oleg »

I even receive a message when using the Show message item - ""Show {FilesCount({TempDir})}"" incompatible with NT service mode" when trying to show the variable value
Any dialogs are incompatible with service mode. These actions are interactive actions. At least you must click on Close button by default. But you can not do this in service mode. You have to avoid any interactive actions in service mode. Sending keystrokes and mouse simulation don't work too. System ignores mouse and keyboard simulation in service mode and within locked session. This is the property of system security

Use Log message action instead of Show message. You can see necessary values in the task log
Oleg Yershov