Using RoboTask in a Database

Discuss RoboTask here
patgenn123

Post by patgenn123 »

I am new to macros.  Still don't get it much, but I was wondering if someone knew what this error means.
Use: RTaskRun.EXE <TaskID>
I am trying to launch a macro in an ACT! database using a button to trigger it through a launch line.  When the layout is in design mode I go to this button and put in the desktop path of the macro and it doesn't work rather it gives me the error above.
If someone can help, please explain in layman's terms about where to go and what to do.  I know nothing about computer macros, programming etc. 
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

RTaskRun is a auxiliary component of RoboTask. It is designed for launching tasks from desctop shortcut (see menu Task | Create shortcut on desktop). An error means that you try to launch RTaskRun without parameters.

Select desired task in RoboTask and choose menu "Task | Create shortcut on desktop". RoboTask will place shortcut onto desktop with correct command line.
patgenn123

Post by patgenn123 »

I know by placing it on the desktop it works, but putting it in a "launch" command line in another database gives me:
RTaskRun.EXE <TaskID>. 
Why the difference?  I would think the database ACT! would be able to read the same shortcut and initiate it.
Any other ideas?
Thanks Oleg