Move to Object

Discuss RoboTask here
Kari

Move to Object

Post by Kari »

I have just downloaded and installed the trial version of robo task, and it seems like it's going to be quite useful.  I am, however, having a problem opening on of my programs with it.  I have gotten it to lauch the program, and enter the password information successfully, but after the password is accepted there is a window that pops up and you have to 'click' OK, it doesn't work to hit enter...such a pain.  I am trying to use the 'move to object' to select the 'OK" button in the window, but it's not working.  When I use the "Drag this text to desired control" approch, the task fails with errors stating window caption and class not found.  If I try entering the information myself, it won't allow me to save the task at all. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but not sure what it is.  Am I going about this the wrong way?  Any help would be apprecieted.  Thanks.
Kari
Kari

Move to Object

Post by Kari »

I figured it out...there was a time delay and it needs to wait a few seconds before the window appears.
The next question is how to send the key combination Alt +TDE.  I need it to hold down the Alt button while it presses T then D then E...simple I'm sure if you know VB, which I don't.  Thanks for any help.
Oleg
Site Admin

Move to Object

Post by Oleg »

When I use the "Drag this text to desired control" approch, the task fails with errors stating window caption and class not found.
You can use Tab key to select necessary control.
For example:
Username{TAB}password{TAB}{ENTER}

Another way:
If your login window is appeared in fixed position (for example in center of the screen) you can use Move action instead of Move to Object.
If I try entering the information myself, it won't allow me to save the task at all.
Probably you can't save the task, because you have an empty Window Class. Any window have a class name and RoboTask determine it at automatic filling of form. You can use non complete window caption. Try to remaim a typical substring of caption (e.g. Outlook, Internet explorer).
The next question is how to send the key combination Alt +TDE.
Try to use Send Keystroke action and use string "%(T)%(D)%(E)" (i.e. Alt-T, Alt-D, Alt-E). In BASIC script you can use SendKeys procedure with same string (refer to BASIC help with "SendKeys" keyword).