Fíle Monitor

Discuss RoboTask here
NoMercy

Fíle Monitor

Post by NoMercy »

Hi, we have 5 ex of RoboTask.
One of these shall we have to File Monitoring folders on a FTP-server. Which is the best way to wait for file? the file can be from 200 kb > 1.5 gb, we never know how long time the take for the user to download.
We use Serv-U.
A another problem is when the connection is failed, then Serv-U is deleting the file. Have you some idea?
Thanks for det bug fixes!
Håkan
Oleg
Site Admin

Fíle Monitor

Post by Oleg »

Which is the best way to wait for file?
I think that you should configure the task with cyclic event. The task must use FTP File Loop to determining files in desired folder. You can get name, size, and time of creation of each file.
A another problem is when the connection is failed, then Serv-U is deleting the file. Have you some idea?
IMHO, if Serv-U will delete the file, you must upload the file within one session (without variants).
NoMercy

Fíle Monitor

Post by NoMercy »

My filewatchning is on a fileserver. It is our clients who FTP the files to us. These folders are homefolder for each ftpaccount.

Regards
Håkan
Oleg
Site Admin

Fíle Monitor

Post by Oleg »

In this case your task must be launched by file monitor event. Save list of new files into some file.

Within the task use "Text Loop" on saved list of files. You need use "Wait for file" action before processing of each file, because the file must be locked by FTP server while uploading. Timeout must be enough for uploading of biggest file (or infinity).

See schem below:

Text loop
   Wait for current file
   Do something     
end loop

If you wish I can write an example.