Editing more than one task at a time

Discuss RoboTask here
Lana_K

Editing more than one task at a time

Post by Lana_K »

Hi Oleg,

This probably has been suggested or asked before, but would it be possible to allow opening and, importantly, editing more than one task at the same time? It would save time creating variations on existing tasks. Tools like 'copy-paste' and 'duplicate task' are a great help but sometimes it is needed to copy/combine actions from more one existing task.

This wouldn't be a problem if there was no warning to not edit tasks in a text editor, but it is there. Or maybe there are exceptions and some editors are OK to use? If so, what shall I look for in an editor? Maybe I can use Notepad++? Which encoding shall I use to save it then, UTF-8?

Sincerely,
Lana
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Editing more than one task at a time

Post by Oleg »

... but would it be possible to allow opening and, importantly, editing more than one task at the same time?
Unfortunately not...
This wouldn't be a problem if there was no warning to not edit tasks in a text editor, but it is there.
1. The task is simple text file. But the task uses some special format and we don't document it. You can break the task easily
2. If you changed the task in text editor then RoboTask will not know about changes, because it load tasks at start, after editing in task editor and when you import (or paste) new task
Oleg Yershov
Lana_K

Re: Editing more than one task at a time

Post by Lana_K »

Oleg wrote: Unfortunately not...
Pity :(

But thank you for the explanation - I thought as much.