Basic Script

Discuss RoboTask here
waldo

Basic Script

Post by waldo »

I was wondering how one activates the basic script editor from robotask..I have seen the detailed scripts in the forum, but have found nothing in Robotask help file on how to access the basic script editor [plug-in] and enter code.  Once the code is entered, how does Robotask have access to it?  Is there a separate manual for this or help file that I can print?  (i.e. I travel extensively and its nice to be able to review documentation in paper form when I may not be able to use my computer.  Also, guidance and examples on how to use the CD /DVD and IQR plug-ins would be welcome. I am sorry if I am missing the obvious, I just can't seem to find any help on these three plug-ins for Robotask.   THANKS.
Oleg
Site Admin

Basic Script

Post by Oleg »

You may download the BASIC plugin here. You can see two new actions "Evaluate" and "Basic Script" after installation. Basic have complete help for basic language, just press F1 in script editor.

Now we revise and supplement the help. We shall release documentation in PDF format.
waldo

Basic Script

Post by waldo »

Oleg,
I downloaded and installed basic v2.3...where do I see the "evaluate" and "basic script"?  Are these added to the Robotask down drop menus?  I can't seem to find out how to launch the basic program is it a separate program or do you access it through robotask?  THANKS.
Oleg
Site Admin

Basic Script

Post by Oleg »

Evaluate and Basic Script are actions which you can insert into your tasks.
Click on Create New Task button, click Add action button and you can choose these actions in Basic group.
Also see examples with [DEMO.BASIC] prefix in caption.