webfolder/sharepointfolder/mappeddrive

Discuss RoboTask here
Prem

Post by Prem »

I want to auto-copy files from a normal windows folder to a web folder.
However, the copy file utility in robotask does not browse for other destinations than regular drives and regular network places. Web folders/sharepoint folders or mapped drives are invisible in robotask.
I tried to use \\servername\folder\ or http://servername/folder as destination but get the error message "the handle is invalid"
In other tries, I receive the following (contradictory)messages together:

Can't copy file c:\folder\document.doc
The operation completed successfully
Task is aborted
Task is executed abnormally
????!!!Any suggestions?
Last edited by Prem on Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

UNC names (such as \\servername\folder\) you may use only on local network with file server. You can't copy files directly to web folders. If you want to upload files to web folder, use FTP actions, please.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

One more question:
How do you use RoboTask, as NT service or ordinary application?
Prem

Post by Prem »

I use Robotask as NT service, with an administrator account that has full access.
And: I am using robotask on the local server. I actually use \\companyweb\directory\ that is part of my internal sharepoint site, but that does not work. The \\companyweb\ site is a MS SQL database.
By the way, I just figured out that the abovementioned error message appears, but that the files ARE COPIED from the normal windows folder to the destination \\companyweb\directory\ but the original file is not deleted, i mean the files are copied even when I set robotask to move the file. Apparently, robotask can copy a file to that location but for some reason cannot verify the file? When I do the test with two normal windows folders, all works well, therefore it has not to do with the premissions on the windows folders.
Last edited by Prem on Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Did you specify login parameters in RoboTask service? See menu Option | Settings and click on NT Service tab. If you setup login parameters correctly the first record in system log of RoboTask after restarting will be "Log on successful".

By default RoboTask service was launched under system account an haven't access to network.
Also check permissions at network folder.