Run as Service with Mapped Drives

Discuss RoboTask here
rmacioce

Post by rmacioce »

I have set Robotask to run as a sevice and imported the task I created with the non service version.  The task requires a program be run and files be moved and renamed on mapped network drives, but Robotask as a service cannot see the mapped drives with the non service version can see the mapped drives.  The task runs successfully when logged in on the non service version but not so on the service version because it cannot find the starting batch file on the mapped network drive (when you drill down for file selection the mapped network drives are not there).  How do you get the service version to execute tasks involving mapped network drives?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I advise to use UNC names. For example:

z:\ is mapped to \\server1\inconing. Use \\server1\inconing instead of z:\

Windows supports UNC names beginning from windows 3.11. Mapped drives are visible only within your session.
One more: if you want to access to network resources you must enter login parameters in RoboTask service (Menu Option | Settings , NT service tab) and restart service. If your parameters are correct the first message in RoboTask system log will be "Logon successful"
rmacioce

Post by rmacioce »

The program being automated is a DOS program and the command prompt and the program does not support UNC paths.  If there is no way around this I will have to run it locally on the server.
Thanks for the info login I will make sure I check after I get everything else installed.