Respond to a pop-up

Discuss RoboTask here
new2robo

Respond to a pop-up

Post by new2robo »

Hi
I would like to set Robotask to respond to a pop-up, the security alert window in Outlook 2003!
Can anyone advice how to do the following tasks, please?!
when pop-up windows is in focus / created / activated, window captioned "Microsoft Office Outlook"
click / select the box next to "Allow access for"
click on the down down window to select "5 minutes"
click "Yes" button
after this, the text displayed on the window will be changed and user will need to click the "Yes" button for the second time with a delay of around 5 - 10 seconds, this happens two times, that means the user will need to click the "Yes" button for the third time again with a delay.
TIA
Oleg
Site Admin

Respond to a pop-up

Post by Oleg »

You can use Send Keystroke action. Any windows application uses predefined key combinations:
Tab - select next windows control
Shift-Tab - select previous window control
Alt-DownArrow - dropdown the list from combobox control
Enter - push the default button in dialogs
Space (when the button is selected ) - push the selected button.

You should attach to your task Window Watcher triggering event and set up it to fire when alert window is appeared.
When alert window is visible you can choose necessary parameters of this window from list.
Last edited by Oleg on Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
new2robo

Respond to a pop-up

Post by new2robo »

Hi Oleg
This is what I am trying at the moment, but How do I send a Space (does it equal to hitting the spacebar), this is not a predefine Keystroke?
TIA
Oleg
Site Admin

Respond to a pop-up

Post by Oleg »

Write simple " " to send a space. Yes, it equals to pressing a spacebar key.
When some button is selected, sending of Enter key simulates pressing of the button too.

Try to use your keyboard only to determine necessary key sequence manually before configuring of your task.
new2robo

Respond to a pop-up

Post by new2robo »

Hi
There are actually four windows one after another all carrying the same window caption, but can be separated into two groups base on the controls
1 st
with a check box, a drop down window and yes / no / help buttons
2nd
only with the buttons yes / no / help!
any advise on how to differentiate these two groups so as to define actions accordingly?!
TIA
Oleg
Site Admin

Respond to a pop-up

Post by Oleg »

Try to use accelerate key (Alt+ Underlined_Symbol) to select necessary control element. If control doesn't exist nothing will be happened.
Otherwise it will be selected. Generally all control elements have an accelerate key.
new2robo

Respond to a pop-up

Post by new2robo »

Hi Oleg
Thanks.  I think I had it since your last reply on entering space, the only problem was with the delay.