Original 2.2 version still available?

Discuss RoboTask here
millsey

Post by millsey »

We bought 5 copies of Robotask for use on a few Windows NT server and workstation machines, version 2.2 worked fine on Windows NT. WE have since downloaded and upgraded to 2.2.1 without spotting that Windows NT is no longer supported. PLEASE is it possible to obtain the 2.2 version again as we do not have the installer and we need to get these machines working again with Robotask!
Thanks
Brian Mills
Systems Manager
Fletchers Solicitors.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

What problems do you have? Describe in more detail, please. We tried RoboTask 2.2.1 (and early versions) on Windows NT4 SP6 too. It worked correctly except some nuances, because NT4 doesn't contain some system functions we used. These troubles are absent under Windows 2000/XP/2003. Therefore we don't support Windows NT4 and Windows 95.
Last edited by Oleg on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
millsey

Post by millsey »

The problem is as soon as Robotask Starts it complains (I am not in front of the server) Something about a file not being available in the Windows folder. The exact message occurs under both server and workstation versions of NT. It also causes problems where it does not shut down when asked to, so rebooting a server when Robotask is running causes the reboot to fail because a message box pops up.

Got it:
System Error 120:
THis function is only vaild in Windows NT mode
Please ensure that you have psapi.dll in the system32 folder.
     when starting RoboTask.

millsey

Post by millsey »

http://www.teamcti.com/pview/psapi.htm
icrosoft process status helper (PSAPI.DLL) is a small dynamic link library that makes it easier to obtain information about processes and device drivers running under Microsoft® Windows NT®.

PSAPI.DLL is included in the Platform Software Development Kit (SDK). It is also a part of the Microsoft Visual studio. You can find this library in:

I have just downloaded this and it APPEARS to fix the problem.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Psapi.dll is included in installation copy of Windows 2000/XP/2003 now and will be installed by default. Windows NT4 installation disk doesn't contain this DLL. I don't understand why you got this error only on version 2.2.1, because RoboTask uses psapi.dll from first release. We have added missing files for installed Windows NT4 on test computer manually. Accept my apologies, I forgot about this.
millsey

Post by millsey »

Oleg

You should start a school for software developers showing them how to deal with solving problems and how to speak to customers.

THanks as ever.

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Thanks It's an interesting idea
Last edited by Oleg on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexharris

Post by alexharris »

The downloads from the above link don't work, I haved used the following site:
www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=30337