Installation

Discuss RoboTask here
agonzo

Installation

Post by agonzo »

I am considering purchasing this software but have a couple questions. 
1.  I have servers on seperate segments some are clustered while other servers on the seperate segments are web farms.  I want to install this software on a server in a farm is this possible/recommended?
2.  If installed on the server in a farm can the software check file changes etc on a seperate server in a diffferent network segment.
Oleg
Site Admin

Installation

Post by Oleg »

want to install this software on a server in a farm is this possible/recommended?
Why not? Of course you can install RoboTask on your server.
If installed on the server in a farm can the software check file changes etc on a seperate server in a diffferent network segment
RoboTask can check files changes at another computer if it have an access through your network to corresponding resource.
Important note: If you are using RoboTask in NT-service mode, you must check logon parameters. When RoboTask was started open Menu | Options | Settings dialog and click on "NT Service" tab. Enter logon parameters (domain, user name, password) and resatart RoboTask Service. If parameters is correct the first string in RoboTask system log must be about successful logon.
If you want logging on as local user (not domain user) then specify "." as domain name.

One more note: you can synchronise work of a few copies of RoboTask in your local network. There is "Send command" action and "Listener" event for this purpose.