Copy task freezing...

Post comments and suggestions for RoboTask here
Rukbunker

Copy task freezing...

Post by Rukbunker »

[Sorry, I posted this in "suggestions". You can move it ofcourse to General Discussion.]

Hello Oleg,

I have a simple task which copies all files from a webserver to the local drive of Robotask. However, the copy job only copies 1 folder with no content. And there are files in there. The task keeps running till eternity.
When I do the same copy job by hand in Windows (same account, same PC), the copy is finished errorless within seconds.

Here you can see the content. Left the target folder, right the source. As you can see: a lot of folders and files. The only folder which is copied by Robotask is "App_data" with no files.

The task itself:

Final result:

Even deleting the job, and create a brand new one doesn't help. Also you can see I avoided the usage of variables to rule out that cause. And even that....doesn't help.

What can it be?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Copy task freezing...

Post by Oleg »

Maybe this is some problems in files of server. Maybe files opened in another process.
Try to copy files (or folders) manually in Windows Explorer.
What do you see?

Copy/move action uses the system routine, so i think you will get the same result.
Oleg Yershov
Rukbunker

Post by Rukbunker »

As said, I've tried it as well in Windows Explorer, and I had no problems.

The funny thing is, during the "live" tasks of Robotask tonight (runs about 90 tasks in sequence at 6 PM every evening) which contains 2 copy jobs went wrong as well this evening. The runned perfectly for alsmost a year now. Until today....

To be continued....
Rukbunker

Post by Rukbunker »

Rebooted the machine, works again....still strange. Only the copy jobs went wrong. Well....lessons learned!