new plug-ins

Post comments and suggestions for RoboTask here
DraBS

new plug-ins

Post by DraBS »

What about plug-ins for WinRAR and Nero Burning Rom? Somehow I find them more reliable than the corresponding available functions.
Oleg
Site Admin

new plug-ins

Post by Oleg »

Why you don't like ZIP format?
Our CD/DVD plugin absolutely autonomic. But Nero API require to install registered version of Nero Burning ROM, therefore you must additionally purchase Nero programs pack.
DraBS

new plug-ins

Post by DraBS »

WinRAR offers several levels of quality of the archive and as far as I have read it offers superior compression rate to the Zip format (there is a program "OCB for WinRAR" by Anatoliy Kovalenko which has been created because of such reasons).
Writing a disk with the Robotask plug-in seems to be slower to Nero (given that I use the same speed with Nero and Robotask).
Otherwise Robotask is precious.
Oleg
Site Admin

new plug-ins

Post by Oleg »

What hinder you to use WinRar as commandline utility at "Run Program/Open document" action?
DraBS

new plug-ins

Post by DraBS »

I tried that but there is a setback.
One way is to make RoboTask simply launch WinRAR and proceed on my own with selecting the archve set and configuring the options. This obviously is not convenient. A built-in automation feature of WinRAR is the creation of profiles. I created a profile, had WinRAR create a shortcut of it and set RoboTask to launch that shortcut. But I was disappointed to see that the profile did not automatically execute its job but instead opens dialog windows.
By the way some other advantages of WinRAR are the "test archive" and "put recovery record" option.
Brendan

new plug-ins

Post by Brendan »

Have you considered using RT to create a batch file?  I'm not sure how much you can do from a command line with winrar (don't use it myself as zip suits me).  But I do use RT to batch-encrypt using gpg.  RT can't run GPG directly, but it can loop all the file names (along with the commands and parameters) into a batch file and run it.  Works very reliably and is MUCH faster than manipulating a GUI.