Basic RoboTaskApp API

Discuss RoboTask here
paulus

Basic RoboTaskApp API

Post by paulus »

Hi,
Do you have a list with all possible methods of the RoboTaskApp object when using this object in my basicscript 
I want to stop a job from my basicscript
and, I want to wait for a job to be completed from my basicscript.
Thanks.

Adios,
Paulus
Last edited by paulus on Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Basic RoboTaskApp API

Post by Oleg »

Do you have a list with all possible methods of the RoboTaskApp object when using this object in my basicscript
In basic script editor push the button "Browse Object" on toolbar (or Menu | Debug | Browse) and you can see all methods and properties with parameters and their types of RoboTaskApp and other objects (as in Visual Basic). Also you can attach any other type libraries by using "Menu | Edit | References".
I want to stop a job from my basicscript
All tasks are identified by "External Name" property. You can see (and set) it in advanced properties of task. External name must be unique in RoboTask. When you added a new task unique external name was assigned automatically, but you can change it. To start or stop the task you can use methods StartTask or StopTask correspondingly. As parameter you must pass the external name of desired task.
and, I want to wait for a job to be completed from my basicscript.
This feature will be added in next release of RoboTask.
Last edited by Oleg on Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulus

Basic RoboTaskApp API

Post by paulus »

Thanks Oleg,
Can you tell me how the RoboTaskApp.TaskInfo(_NumTask, _ExtName, _Name, _ID) method works/should be used ?
Actually I'm trying to create something, to make a task (with a given 'external name') with a timeout functionality. Or is this feature also planned to be in the next release
Adios,
Paulus
Oleg
Site Admin

Basic RoboTaskApp API

Post by Oleg »

Can you tell me how the RoboTaskApp.TaskInfo(_NumTask, _ExtName, _Name, _ID) method works/should be used ?
See sample script below:
Sub Main
   Dim i As Long
   Dim cnt As Long
   Dim ename As String
   Dim Name As String
   Dim id As Long

cnt = RoboTaskApp.TaskCount
   s = ""
   For i = 0 To cnt-1
      RoboTaskApp.TaskInfo(i, ename, Name, id)
      s = s+ename+"; "+Name+"; "+Str(id)+Chr(10)
   Next i
   MsgBox(s)
End Sub
Actually I'm trying to create something, to make a task (with a given 'external name') with a timeout functionality. Or is this feature also planned to be in the next release
I think you already wrote about this. I'm afraid that I don't understand what do you mean by "timeout functionality". Explain me in more detail, please.
paulus

Basic RoboTaskApp API

Post by paulus »

To timeout a task:
I mean, I'm running a proces through a task (task1) by calling "run program". This program might result in an error, wich is shown in a dialogbox. When this happens, I want robotask to notice that this task has to be stopped after a while (by using another task (task2) waiting until task1 has finished with a timeout of let's say 1 hour).
It would be better, when I could set a taskproperty (on the advanced tab of a task), where you could enter a timevalue. when this time elapses the task will be stopped (whatever it is doing at that moment).
It would be a feature, available only in very expensive taskschedulers I found out. It would make Robotask the best tool for scheduling, with this feature !