Disable task for this session

Post comments and suggestions for RoboTask here
enigmatic_user

Post by enigmatic_user »

Hello,in my autostart configuration there's a program that awaits an "OK", then it runs in the background. I created a task that sends the enter key to the program window on window creation (I made sure the program is started after RoboTask by defining a delay using another tool). Now I'd like to disable the task on completion, but only for this session - it should be started again when the computer is restarted. This seems to be impossible right now.It would be nice if this option could be added to RoboTask - or if someone told me how to realize this in case I missed something. Cheers,Jan
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

This is possible.
Suppose you have the TASK1 which do something and has been disabled after running.

Create the TASK2 with one action:
Enable TASK1
Specify "Run when RoboTast starts" parameter at Triggering Events tab.

Thus, the TASK1 will be re-enabled every time RoboTask is starting.

I wrote your wish into our ToDo. Probably we'll add some interactive setting of the task.
enigmatic_user

Post by enigmatic_user »

Oleg wrote:This is possible.
Suppose you have the TASK1 which do something and has been disabled after running.

Create the TASK2 with one action:
Enable TASK1
Specify "Run when RoboTast starts" parameter at Triggering Events tab.

Thus, the TASK1 will be re-enabled every time RoboTask is starting.
Great, thank you very much! Sorry, I'm new to RoboTask, and I just looked in the "RoboTask Commands" folder - as it seems, I overlooked the "Task Commands" folder.
Oleg wrote:I wrote your wish into our ToDo. Probably we'll add some interactive setting of the task.
That would be nice - the "Action after completion" setting is the logical place to look for such an option, and there's some free space just waiting for it... Cheers,Jan