Bug Alert - SQL

Post comments and suggestions for RoboTask here
blades

Bug Alert - SQL

Post by blades »

Small thing...
I assign a variable (lets say SQL = 100) to do a
SELECT TOP {SQL} ID FROM...
in a dataset and it always returns an error... all other variables in sql statements work fine
Other than the needing to create a list to delete files by date I am so inlove with robotask!
Oleg
Site Admin

Bug Alert - SQL

Post by Oleg »

Your database must support expression "select top 100 id from ....". I think it's bad sql expression.
For example: Oracle does not support this expression kind. For oracle database you need to type this:
"select id from anytable where rownum < 100" i.e. in Robotask: "select id from anytable where rownum < {sql}"

If you want deleting some old files you not need to use any database. See sample task named "Clear temporary folder". This task deletes temporary files older than 7 days.
blades

Bug Alert - SQL

Post by blades »

Sorry, i should have been more clear...
SELECT TOP {SQL} ID FROM... doesn't work
SELECT TOP 100 ID FROM... does!
Regarding the deleting files, on many task I wish to delete files if they are x days old. I currently use Robotask to make text list of all files older than x days, add a "DEL" infront of each line, and execute batch files. If I could just directly delete files by date that would be much easier.
Thanx!
Oleg
Site Admin

Bug Alert - SQL

Post by Oleg »

Are you sure that "SQL" variable contains an integer value?
Send me this task (if possibly). I want to see it. May be I don't understand something...
My mail oleg @ robotask.com
blades

Bug Alert - SQL

Post by blades »

yep, i assigned the variable a number...
Few more bug errors: a. When you import a task, the sql queries get messed up. All the commas get removed and each word gets its own line.  b. When you start robotask as a service, scheduled task don't seem to run until you manually start robotask on the server.