Getting started with CEF (Chromium) actions

Discuss RoboTask here
komputr

Getting started with CEF (Chromium) actions

Post by komputr »

I'm having some issues creating tasks using the new CEF instructions. The websites I am using are behind a username/password. I can get logged in OK but how can I use the "CEF Web Page Information" action to retrieve the information for the next form ("view form elements" and "fill the list" options)? The browser that comes up when I click the "Load" button does not allow me to type anything so I can't get to the authenticated web page. Do I need to use a "CEF Web Page Information" action before each "CEF Fill Web Form" action? I have read through the documentation pages so I am familiar with what the different actions do but what is the recommended workflow for creating tasks containing these actions?

Thanks!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Getting started with CEF (Chromium) actions

Post by Oleg »

When you edit parameters of CEF Fill Web Form action you can open an empty page. Just press "Load" button.
Next you can enter some URL into address field and press Enter key.
Then you can make some actions on the page (click links, fill some form and so on).
When necessary form is loaded you can press Refresh button Image (refresh information from the page)
Next you can choose frame, form and View form elements.
Oleg Yershov
komputr

Post by komputr »

I can only click links on the page after clicking the Load button. I am unable to type anything. Since the site requires a login, I can't get to the page that contains the form. (version 7.8.2.1002)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Since the site requires a login, I can't get to the page...
It seems you have to login first. That is fill out the login form and submit it.
Oleg Yershov
komputr

Post by komputr »

I would love to but I am unable to type in the Chromium browser window. I can type the URL just fine, but I can't type in any form.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

komputr wrote:I would love to but I am unable to type in the Chromium browser window. I can type the URL just fine, but I can't type in any form.
I'm sorry, this is our mistake...
We have corrected this problem. Download and install fresh release 7.8.4.
Also you can download ChromiumHnd module separately and copy it to RoboTask folder instead of existing one.
Oleg Yershov
komputr

Post by komputr »

Much better! Thank you so much!

Is there a way to keep the Chromium window open while editing different steps in a task? Each time I click OK to save a step, the Chromium window closes so when I go to create the next step, I need to hit Load and manually get to the place where I was (which requires logging in again). Some web sites don't take kindly to many logins in a short amount of time.