Windows 10 blocks send keystrokes?

Discuss RoboTask here
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 blocks send keystrokes?

Post by Oleg »

It's necessary to work in locked session.
Keyboard and mouse simulation will not work.
You can use Excel actions to open excel document, get and put data, run some macro in document.
Oleg Yershov
chris.james

Post by chris.james »

Rukbunker, thanks for the reply, however the keystrokes command not working when my PC is locked is what brought me to where I'm at now. As long as my PC is unlocked, the send keystrokes works perfectly and I don't have any issues. However, when my PC is locked, "send keys" do not work which is why I was attempting to go the route of trying it with a macro.
Using the "Run Program/Open Document" task works fine to open the Excel workbook, but my Autoexec macro does not fire. I've also tried the built in "Excel Run Macro" task, but I can't get it to execute my macro either.
chris.james

Post by chris.james »

Oleg wrote:It's necessary to work in locked session.
Keyboard and mouse simulation will not work.
You can use Excel actions to open excel document, get and put data, run some macro in document.
Thanks. The built in "Excel Open Document" works when PC is locked and the save and close actions also work, but I have not been able to get the macro action to work. Maybe I just don't understand the proper syntax for the macro action?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Just enter macro name
Oleg Yershov
chris.james

Post by chris.james »

Oleg wrote:Just enter macro name
The "Excel Open Document" action has been working, but now it's giving me an error message "Call was rejected by callee" Failed execute 'ExecAction with expection: Call was rejected by callee' (C:\Program Files (x86)....Excel.rtp)
I've tried rebuilding the task and also rebooting my PC, but I'm still getting this error message.