no abort / no pause / ?

Post comments and suggestions for RoboTask here
Emre

no abort / no pause / ?

Post by Emre »

Dear Robotask Team,

I hope this message finds you well, and that you're not surrounded by any rebellious toasters or mutinous microwave ovens.

Firstly, I must extend my gratitude for generously offering your program for free for the next 30 days. It's been a lifesaver, or should I say, a robot-saver, in my chaotic world.

However, I'm in a bit of a pickle. It seems the main function for pause/stop hasn't quite made it into the mix. So, here I am, engaged in an epic battle with my laptop just to halt my macro. It's like a scene straight out of a low-budget sci-fi flick.

Could we perhaps add a hotkey for stop? It would save me from any potential injuries sustained in my ongoing skirmishes with my machine.

Thanks a ton, and keep up the good work!

Warmest regards
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: no abort / no pause / ?

Post by Oleg »

To stop the task just select the task click on "Stop task" button. Or right-click on the task and select "Stop" item in popup menu

If your task has a trigger (for example Cyclic trigger each second) right click on the task and click on "Active" item to disable the task. This stops all tasks triggers. Also you can stop all triggers in all tasks. Use menu Tools -> Enable automation. Do not forget to turn automation when you solve the problem.
So, here I am, engaged in an epic battle with my laptop just to halt my macro. It's like a scene straight out of a low-budget sci-fi flick.
You are fully responsible for your own tasks. Remember that you can easily "shoot yourself in the foot" if you are not careful.
Oleg Yershov
Rukbunker

Re: no abort / no pause / ?

Post by Rukbunker »

You can use this solution: viewtopic.php?p=5860.
Again: use it at your own risk. We don't use it a lot (which is good obviously) but in rare cases this comes in hand.