Newbie Needs HELP, plz help me!!!

Discuss RoboTask here
zodemere

Post by zodemere »

I don't think paying more for a instruction manual appeals to me, i'm the type of user that if it doesn't seem easy to use upfront then i won't pay for it down the road.  To be honest i'm thinking i'll just ditch all the crud and swith my ISP ot one that allows DUN so then i can just simply use an autodialer.  Only downside is I do like Netzero's connection speed as it's ALWAYS at 53k or higher which i've never seen before and i've been doing dialup for many years now.  But I guess i'll start trying new ISPs and forget about this macro crud cuz i do have a bunch of great macro recording programs and so anything i need automated they can all do, only thing i run into a road block on is this detecting interent connection and then running script or macro.  It's crazy, we're all on the internet so u'd think this would be common feature but i guess with the availability of allows on internet connections like dsl and cable then this become moot.  Oh well, woo is me cuz i've spent a whole week on this crud and i'm about to give up.  C ya and thanks for the great input guys!!!
zodemere

Post by zodemere »

Well I was finally able to create a work around for keeping my internet connection alive thanks to Robotask forum members, many hours of messing with a dozen different programs and especially John Long for his idea of converting a macro into an executable file.  What I did is I created two Recorded Macros and converted them into exe files; the first one tries running my Netzero software and if I'm already connected I get an error message saying that the software is already running, if not it reconnects me; the second macro runs a half minute after the first one and it clicks ok on the error message box so the next time the first macro is ran it won't run into that error if you all know what I mean.
  I then use Robotask (or any other scheduler) to run these two tasks every so many minutes or on a schedule.  The sad thing is Robotask is suppose to detect if my internet connection is lost and then run my first macro but for some reason it won't.  I know I could have written a more lengthly script that would ping a specified server and after so many failed tries it would then run my first macro but hey I'm a fricking newbie here.
  Then funny thing is that when John Long first gave me the idea of converting a recorded macro into an exe file I thought, hey i've got a proggie that does this....Macro Scheduler 7.2.  So I went into said program and told it to convert my macro into an exe and it says, sorry only available with the Macro Scheduler Pro version which they want $100 fricking bucks for.  So i did a Google search and came up with a kick azz, open source, freeware program called AutoHotKey which can Record Mouse Movements, Mouse Clicks and Keystrokes and then can also convert this macro into an Executable file which can be run on any computer even if it doesn't have the AutoHotKey software on it and it's FRICKING FREE. 
  So the sad thing once again is that even though I love Robotask and it's interface and etc, any other scheduler will do the job I need.   :(

Thanks though and for your information I've already sent a paypal donation to AutoHotKey for $5 which ain't much but hey, they are keeping it Phree man, latez.
Last edited by zodemere on Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.